TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RENTING BOXES AND SUPPLIES
1. Rental goods remain the property of A SMART MOVE LLC (ASM) at all times.
a. Equipment Rented; You (the ‘Customer’), agree to rent the equipment you will receive upon delivery which includes moving boxes, wardrobe boxes, dollies and laundry bags but not any other related packing material purchased from ASM.
b. Equipment Rented; Is for made in full week increments of 7 days and no credits are issued for early return of any equipment.
2. ASM will make every effort to effect deliveries and collection as per the contract date and time. Kindly note, collection times are scheduled subject to our route planning on your collection date, which means, for example, if you have booked a delivery for 3pm-5pm - this does not mean we will collect between 3pm-5pm but rather we will collect anytime on the expected return date and will contact you the day before with an expected service window.
3. For an additional fee of 10% of the total rental agreement, ASM agrees to waive claims for normal wear and tear damage to boxes including incidental damage. The optional Damage Waiver does not cover loss of use due to, gross negligence or egregious damage, such as tears, burn marks, punctures, stains, broken or cracked boxes or lids etc. Damage Waiver must be signed and paid for prior to the delivery of the boxes.
4. The replacement cost for equipment not returned or not covered by the Damage Waiver will be charged to the Customers credit card. The replacement costs charged will be as follows: Medium Boxes - $70.00 per box, Small Boxes - $50.00 per box, Wardrobe Boxes - $150.00 per box, Dollies - $200.00 per dolly, Inserts - $30.00 per set & Laundry bags - $20.00 per bag.
5. Once the equipment has been returned, it will be inspected for any breakages, damages or complete disregard of the equipment and any label damage. Additional charges of $55 per person per hour may apply if extra cleaning or label replacement of any of the equipment is required.
6. Any equipment held beyond the contracted date will be subjected to an additional rental charge to the Customer of up to 50% of said equipment. Additional rentals are by the week, not partial week.
7. Any outstanding charges will be recovered by legal means & customer will be responsible for all additional costs that this may entail.
8. Boxes cannot be rented to a third party.
9. The company reserves the right to substitute alternative goods subject to availability and subject to the Customers approval.
10. All rental charges quoted are for the initial rental period agreed and no reductions or refunds will be made after the commencement of the chargeable period.
11. Cancellation and changes are required exclusively via email (voicemail is not acceptable) within 5 working days of expected delivery, otherwise the Customer will be charged the full amount per contract. Any additional boxes requested outside of the original contract is subject to availability by ASM and additional delivery/collection charges will apply.
12. If any Checks are not cleared, then a $150 administration charge will be added. The Customer will be responsible for all and any bank and legal charges incurred by ASM.
13. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that adequate access is provided to ASM both upon delivery and collection of rental goods, and to ensure that such goods are available for collection at the appointed time. Failure to provide timely and adequate access shall result in additional delivery/collection charges. An adult over 18 years of age must be present to receive and return the boxes.
14. Any delays caused to ASM by the Customer upon delivery and/or collection and any additional travel that may result therein will be subject to additional charge of upto $100 per trip.
15. Payment in part or in full of any contract to supply goods/or services herein referred to shall be deemed to mean acceptance in full of these terms and conditions.
16. Any extra charges incurred such as tolls or metered parking charges etc, will be paid by the customer and included in any final bills.
17. If ASM needs to cancel the contract due to failure of the customer, acts of nature including but not limited to fire, weather conditions, industrial dispute, labor disturbance, pandemics or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of ASM, monies will be returned to the Customer no later than 5 working days after the contracted delivery date.
18. No employee of ASM, whilst in the course of his/her/their duties, shall be held separately responsible under any circumstances whatsoever for any liability for loss, damage or other default outside his/her/their reasonable control.
19. No Warranties; I acknowledge that ASM, shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the rental property included but not limited to moving boxes, wardrobe boxes, dollies or any other equipment once ASM has relinquished rental equipment to customer.
20. The customer shall be deemed to have breached this Agreement if the customer a) Defaults in any payments as set forth in the Customers order form or b) Defaults in any of the terms herein and such default shall continue uncorrected for five (5) working days after written notice hereof to Customer by ASM or c) becomes insolvent or files for bankruptcy.
21. In the event of any default, ASM will declare the entire amount of unpaid rental payments immediately due and payable to ASM. Customer will pay all costs and expenses to recover equipment and/or rental fees, including court costs and legal fees incurred in execution of this section.
22. ASSUMPTION OF RISK/INDEMNIFICATION Customer expressly agrees to assume responsibility for himself/herself/themselves, his/hers/its employees, agents and assigns. Customer agrees to assume the risk of and hold ASM, harmless for property damage and personal injuries caused by the items and/or arising out of customers negligence. Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold ASM, harmless from any claims of third party for loss, injury and damage to their persons and/or property arising out of customers’ possession, use, maintenance or return of items, including legal costs incurred in defense of same.
23. Customer rents the items on an ‘as is’ basis. Customer acknowledges that he/she/they have personally inspected the items prior to use and will notify ASM via email of any damages at that point within 24 hr of receipt.
24. The Customer gives permission that any photos or video taken, or that any reviews written on public forums may be used by ASM in future advertising, marketing or PR purposes & they would be willing to speak to third parties for verification without being paid or compensated for said photos or videos etc.
I have read the above terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them